Limited Warranty For CHANEL Bags and Wallets on Chain
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Our Bags and Wallets on Chaincreations (the “Product(s)”) are manufactured with the greatest care, composed of the highest quality materials and benefit from know-how developed since 1955.
The materials as well as the manufacturing standards we use allow our Products to retain their exclusive identity over time when subject to normal, careful and respectful use following the care instructions provided for each Product allowing a continued use from one year to another.
This being said, CHANEL undertakes to provide with each Product an exclusive commercial warranty, in the terms and conditions as set out below, in the event a repair on the Product is required, in cases other than misuse, general wear and tear or where there is no defect in order to restore the Product to its original functionalities.
Our experience of more than 60 years in the care of our Products allows us to commit to the services described below subject to the following terms and conditions:
I. Duration: The warranty will be valid for a 5-year period from the original purchase date, upon presentation of the validly dated proof of purchase or sales invoice at one of our authorized points of sale
II. Coverage of the commercial repair warranty on Products:
- Metal parts (in particular: chains, clasps, eyelets, screws, rivets, carabiners, snap hook, key ring attachments, ring or chain link, press stud, top or magnet) : repair or replacement, with respect to the disclaimers defined below.
- Handles, bag straps, tabs, braided chain, flap leather tongue: repair or replacement with respect to the disclaimers defined below.
- Seams, zippers: repair or replacement with respect to the disclaimers defined below.
- Decorative ornaments: repair or replacement with respect to the disclaimers defined below.
III. Commercial warranty disclaimers
- The commercial warranty does not cover damage due to misuse, dropping, impact, use other than in accordance with the care instructions, negligent or abnormal use of the Product.
-The commercial warranty does not cover the repair or restoration of elements due to normal wear and tear use, such as leather wear, wear to corners and seams in general, or any element composed of fabric or materials that may be subject to natural alteration due to friction effect, contact with other materials, exposure to external conditions, etc.
- The commercial warranty does not cover repair of damages due to the use of products not specifically intended by CHANEL for use on the Product.
- The commercial warranty does not cover repair of damages due to external events such as fire, floods, etc.
-The commercial warranty does not apply in the event of any impossibility to repair or replace the elements described in the II section, under reasonable conditions and despite CHANEL’s best efforts to do so, in particular due to the unavailability of the elements required for repair.
-The commercial warranty does not cover repair of elements of Products which have been subject to alteration and/or prior intervention by any third party other than CHANEL and its authorized service providers.
The commercial warranty does not apply in the event that the performance of the warranty would lead to a breach of any applicable law and regulations in the jurisdiction.
IV. The commercial warranty does not cover any transit or return costs or other expenses incurred by the Client.
V. CHANEL reserves the right to reject a claim under this commercial warranty in case of repeated negligence on the Product or abusive exploitation of this warranty.
- Contact: Subject to compliance with the aforementioned conditions, the commercial warranty may be implemented by contacting any CHANEL boutique, upon presentation of the purchase receipt in the CHANEL Boutique and within the warranty period.
This warranty does not affect the rights of the Client as a consumer under applicable law and in particular regarding legal warranties.
The Client is responsible for the compliance with the obligations related to the import or export of the Product sent by him or, exceptionally, at his request, internationally, and in particular for paying the related duties and taxes.
The term “Client ” refers to any individual making personal use of the Product.
Effective Date : the warranty applies to Products sold by CHANEL and its authorized retailers as of march 31st 2021