CHANEL NEWS

00/3
premiere-watch

"premiere" watch - comeback

In 1987, the first CHANEL watch is created and is simply called "Première." Its octagonal shape is what makes this watch original, and just like the cap on the N°5 bottle, it is a reminder of the geometrical shape of the Place Vendôme, seen from the windows of Mademoiselle Chanel's room at the Hotel Ritz.

This year, CHANEL launches the new version of this cult watch in ceramic, a luxurious, noble, smooth and light material. This new version still has the original hands and octagonal shaped case, it is fine and feminine, and has the same precious line as the discrete watches from the 1930’s.

This re-edition is available in two colors, black and white, four ceramic versions, steel and diamonds or ceramic, 18-carat white gold and diamonds.

For more information, visit the Fine Jewellery & Watches website on chanel.com.

00/17
the-girls-of-the-rue-cambon

The girls of the rue cambon

Spring-Summer 2009 Ready-to-Wear

00/4
2009-spring-summer-ready-to-wear-show

spring-summer 2009 ready-to-wear show

The rue Cambon moves to the heart of the Grand Palais

For the 2009 Spring-Summer show, Karl Lagerfeld rebuilt the façade of 31 rue Cambon, under the huge skylight of the Grand Palais, on a one to one scale. There was one important change: the street, made famous by Mademoiselle Chanel, is no longer parallel to the house but faces it and leads to it. The designer explains: this spectacular decor is not an exact replica; it is an idealization, a conceptual reconstruction. The backdrop of the show is the movie set and the show is like a short movie with models playing the part of Parisian ladies. "It's just like a Hollywood view," says Karl Lagerfeld.

In 1921, Mademoiselle Chanel set up her house in the center of Paris, at 31 rue Cambon. Her two-storey apartment is still in this building: four rooms filled with meticulously well-preserved treasures. There are also the Haute Couture salons that Mademoiselle Chanel would use for her shows and which Karl Lagerfeld redesigned according to the original feel. The three Haute Couture ateliers remain at the top of the building.

Share

The link has been copied