CHANEL FROM A TO Z : CAMBON
Rue Cambon is where it all began. Mademoiselle Chanel settled there in 1910 with the opening of her first shop at number 21, selling hats under the name “Chanel Modes”.
In 1918, she opened her Haute Couture House at number 31. Its layout under Gabrielle Chanel’s direction has remained unchanged, with its mirrored staircase leading to the apartment, followed by the Design Studio, where even today the House’s collections are brought to life under Karl Lagerfeld.